Project: Football Team Websites
Client: Trabuco Hills High School & Santa Margarita Pop Warner
Websites are an awesome tool for sharing information, except when you have no easy way of updating it. Without a knowledgable webmaster on call, updating a team website was a chore and almost never got done.
That’s why the football coaches at Trabuco Hills High School and Santa Margarita Pop Warner approached Gaslamp Media to develop a new website where coaches are able to update game information and post important news, and parents can register their kids for team and events. We also redesigned their websites to be leaders in team websites in their region.
What we did
- Website redesign – To match the exciting action of football and quality of their programs.
- Installed a content management system with different levels of permissions for site administrators, coaches, and board members.
- Installed an easy to use WYSIWYG editor for a familar Microsoft Word-like interface. No HTML knowledge is neccessary.
- Team pages – Not only does the league have an informative website, but each individual team coach can update their own section.
How we did it
- We used Drupal as our base for the content management system. This platform is exploding with features and is under active development and maintains long term support.
- We designed a custom template from the ground up and coded it work well in all major browsers.
- We trained the coaches on site usage. It was so easy to use the coaches were putting up all the site content within hours after our first training session.